Kickoff for Open Access Week!
QuasiCon 2015* Information Meeting
Upcoming Fall 2014 Events
Peer Advising Session
ALA officers will be at the Espresso Royale (State Street) on Thursday, March 27, from 5-6:30, for peer advising.
We will be happy to discuss next year’s classes, internships, life goals, or whatever you feel like discussing! Please join us as we drink coffee, eat pastries, and hang out. Hope to see you there!
"Meeting" is in the public domain and designed by froz. Accessed from the Noun Project.
Day in the Life Panel
ALA and YASL are co-sponsoring this year’s “Day in the Life”, consisting of a diverse group of current librarians, within the following fields: academic, administration, technical, public, and school libraries. They will speak candidly about their professions, career paths, and personal experiences. Join ALA and YASL on March 27th, from 12-1, in room NQ1255. Food will be provided for those that RSVP!
- Sherle Abramson-Bluhm, Head, Print Acquisitions Section Technical Services Division (MLibrary)
- Darlene Nichols, Librarian for Diversity and Inclusion, Staff Development Librarian (MLibrary)
- Sonali Mishra, User Experience Specialist (MLibrary and UMSI 2011 graduate)
- Erin Helmrich, Teen Librarian and Comics Selector (Ann Arbor District Library)
- Jeri Schneider, Library Media Specialist (Ann Arbor Public Schools)
Creative Commons - Attribution (CC BY 3.0) "People" designed by Castor & Pollux from the Noun Project
Physician Heal Thyself
Do you ever think, “I am at the School of Information (SI) and an (aspiring) information professional, but I am . . .
- Drowning in email
- Flummoxed by Google calendar scheduling
- Paralyzed by the choices of reference management software
- Frustrated with document sharing or version control for group projects
- Forgetting all of my different passwords
- Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera?
Or, when you read the problems above, do you think, “I have just the solution!”?
How do you stay informed and organized at SI? What are your tricks or hack for time and information management? Share your solutions and/or find answers to your questions at Physician Heal Thyself. Here’s the idea:
- Check this Google spreadsheet for problems and solutions other have submitted
- Make three (3) slides that present your solutions to a common SI student information problem
- On February 17th, at noon, in NQ 1255, use three slides to tell the rest of us your awesome info-hack in 2-4 minutes.
Please join ALA officers and your colleagues in this fun, informal, and informative event!
Best Practices Presentation Workshop
You just received an acceptance letter to present at a professional conference. Now what? Join the ALA officers and other members at UMSI to learn about best presentation practices and receive advice from Shevon Desai, Communication and Information Studies Librarian.
Date: Friday, February 7, from 12-1 p.m.
Location: NQ 1255
Questions? Contact email@example.com